Madeline

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Story

To make a long story short, this is what went down this week. 3:30 Thursday morning, I start having contractions that are 10 minutes apart, not too painful. This continues until about 7am, when they become a lot stronger. They are still about 10 minutes apart. Around 7:30, mom says that since they are painful, we might as well go in to the hospital. So I get up and start getting Megan, myself and Russ ready to go. As soon as I get up, the contractions start happening every 2-6 minutes. We hurry everyone along and we get to the hospital around 8:30. They are now about 2-3 minutes apart. I get to triage and they examine me and all they can feel is my water and they say that I am probably complete and don't have time to get an epidural. They take me to a labor room around 8:45 and get an IV started just in case I can have one. They broke my water and I soon start pushing. I didn't have time for an epidural. OUCH!!!!! Melanie was born at 9:21 in the morning. She was 6 lb 13 ozs and 20'' long.
Here are some more pictures:

She looks so much like Russ did when he was born.
Megan meeting Melanie.
In the nursery, getting examined.
Right before we left for the hospital. I was in between contractions at the time.

7 comments:

Justin Peacock said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! What cute sisters!

Justin Peacock said...

Sorry...the comment is actually from Kalee, but I am using Justin's computer!:)

Unknown said...

Wow you tough women you....congratulations....I've been wondering.....I saw family today but no one passed the good news along.....so happy for you that everything turned out great!
Donetta

Shorter family said...

Congratulations!! How exciting and what a good girl to come before your due date! The name Melanie sounds so cute with Megan!! Let us know if we can help!!

The Stromberg Epic said...

Congratulations! Wow, I had no idea that you were so far along. What a cutie!

Leian Felton said...

Congratulations! Hey and even better when your mom is there! I had my mom there for one and not the other. Gotta love those moms! Beautiful children and what a blessing!

Casey :o) said...

So happy for you that pregnancy, labor and delivery is over, but I am praying for you that you'll be able to get through the day to day and nighttime without any major events! My mom says going from one child to two children is the toughest, so I hope things go smoothly for you! :o) Congrats again! :o)