Madeline

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Grand Rapids & Valentine's Day

Russ interview went really well. We should hear back from them by 2 weeks at the most, but Russ is going to try to get them to make a decision earlier. We have a job offer at the US Attorney's office in Bridgeport, so we need to let them know. Russ also got a call from Morrison and Forester in Denver and they want him to come out for an interview as well. It is nice to be wanted. We had a great time in Grand Rapids. It is a fun city and Michigan is a family oriented state. We ate dinner with one of the partners and his family on Thursday. They have five kids that were so cute. The oldest one was ten and she was trying so hard to act grown up. She got really excited when she found out the Yale has "Harry Potter" houses and wants to come here and ride her bike. She was so proud of her placemats that she made for us. One of their sons gave us a Valentine. It was so fun. While Russ had his interview, Megan and I went swimming. She isn't what you would call a beach baby, but she tolerated it. I wish I looked as cute in my swimsuit!
Russ on his way to the Interview. Yummmmmm, my Valentine's present!
This is how Megan lets me know that she is ready to get up from her nap. By standing up and yelling for me. If that doesn't work, she throws things.

5 comments:

The Stromberg Epic said...

Glad to hear that the interview went well. We'll pray that you get the job that you want.

Heckert Family said...

It is fun to have people who want you to work for them! I hope that you get the best job. Kate loves to look at your blog. Whenever I get on the computer, she says "Meggie, Meggie!" Right now she is crying because she can't see Meggie's picture

Kirsten said...

Denver, Denver, ok fine we'll be happy where ever you are supposed to be. (Denver, Denver)

Casey :o) said...

We are so excited for you guys, I love MI so I can definitely say that I think you guys would love it there. I hope everything works out for all of you and you are happy! :o) Is that a fake hair piece Megan is playing with in her crib? That is hilarious! :o) Do you guys have big plans for the big 01 b-day?

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

I am so happy it went so well! Megan's suit is adorable!!! We of course want you to take the Bridgeport offer, but only for our own selfish reasons!:)