Madeline

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fishing in Indiana



Russ went fishing the otherday with Andrew, Elizabeth's brother, and Andrew's friend Spencer. We went on Spencer's lake at his house. It was fun, not quite as much as hitting the Provo river, but a good time. I caught bluegill and then Spencer used them as bait for the bass. I'm told this is illegal unless you are on a private lake. Since we were on Spencer's lake, it was just fine. Spencer pulled out this monster. We measured it and it was 23". Spencer says it was over 7 lbs. I held it in the water while Spencer went for the measuring tape, and I could get both fists in its mouth. The best part was when Spencer was pulling it in. When it got close to him in the shallows, he dove in and wrestled it. He said he didn't want it to get away. We threw him back and hope he is ready to get caught again when he's put on another pound or so.

0 comments: